ABOUT ALBANY & REGIONAL VOLUNTEER SERVICEHELPING COMMUNITY HELP ITSELF
HOW WE CAN HELP
About our services
- are free of charge
- provide information about volunteering opportunitites
- match volunteers’ skills and interests with community groups in need of committed helpers
- can help community organisations by subsidising training opportunities for both volunteers and managers
- can assist in matching businesses with organisations
- provide free training for volunteers, organisations and corporate/business
- help with the promotion of businesses, providing newsletters and invitations to event.
Who can use us?
Any not-for-profit community group with the appropriate volunteer insurance and volunteering principles can use the services.
Our Board Members
Vice Chairperson Anne Sparrow
Secretary Di van Clarke
Treasurer Asha Bhatt
Board Member Fran Seymour
Board Member Saskia Wiseman
Board Member Carolyn Graeser
Manager Tracy Sleeman
Volunteer Wrangler Angela Joyce
If you wish to apply for a vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sue has extensive experience in submission writing and project management. Sue’s skills also include budgets, client service, marketing and report writing. Sue is a client focused and team orientated with outstanding financial management skills and experience to compliment these tasks.
Sue’s most enjoyable talent is the ability to help people (in any way I can) it saves her from all the madness! J
Vice ChairpersonAnne Sparrow is the Albany Manager for Green Skills. She has lived in Albany for the past 3 years after moving down from Jerramungup with her two daughters. Her role includes working with local governments, businesses and the community to deliver projects with conservation and sustainable living outcomes for the Great Southern region. Anne was previously employed for nine years as the Executive Officer for the Fitzgerald Biosphere Group, working with farmers, local government and community groups to achieve projects within the Jerramungup region. Anne has extensive environmental networks with experience and skills in on-ground project planning. Anne’s current volunteer activities include Albany Surf Lifesaving Club. Bushcarers and is the Treasurer for Regional Development Group Great Southern
Di van Clarke